- The terms and conditions below apply to all coaching and mentoring services provided by IC Career Coaching (ICCC) to any individual or organisation (« the client ») and constitute the contract for the service to be provided by ICCC for the client. The term ‘coaching’ as here used covers career coaching and business coaching for clients and where applicable includes mentoring or supervision services provided for clients, coaches or others.
- Coaching is not psychological counselling or any type of therapy, and should not be construed as such.
- In return for the fees payable by the client (or by a third party on their behalf), ICCC agrees to provide the service as described below and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below. The client agrees to pay fees for the service on the terms and conditions set out below (in situations where a third party pays the fees, the third party counts as an agent acting on behalf of the client).
- The date that the first coaching session takes place shall be deemed to be the start date for the service. Where any client is unhappy with any of the terms and conditions they can contact ICCC to discuss any concerns and see if they can be resolved before the first coaching session. Participation by any individual in the first coaching session constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. The client will be required to sign a contract with ICCC at the commencement of coaching.
Responsibility & Commitment
IC Career Coaching will seek to enable the client to set and achieve goals that will help to bring about desired outcomes for the client. The client has sole responsibility for any decisions they may make, following coaching with IC Career Coaching. IC Career Coaching accepts no liability for the client’s actions. IC Career Coaching has no liability for any loss incurred by any client, whether financial or otherwise, following commencement of coaching sessions for any perceived failure by the client, whether justified or otherwise, to achieve a material improvement in the quality of life or to achieve their desired outcomes or goals.
- Personal information or business information supplied to ICCC by the client in coaching sessions will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior permission, save where required by law.
- All documentation and information relating to the client will be held according to the Data Protection 1998, except as permitted by the client in writing or as required by law.
Clarity & Style
- ICCC will discuss with the client their preferred style of coaching. The client has the right to talk openly and candidly with their coach, and the client is encouraged to discuss any concerns they have with ICCC in any area of the coaching process. ICCC welcomes openness and honesty.
- Feedback about the service is welcomed and can be given during a coaching session or by writing to the coach representing ICCC.
- ICCC is continually striving to ensure the standard of service it provides to its clients remains outstanding. At the end of the coaching process, or series of coaching sessions, the client will be asked to complete a feedback form.
- The coaching schedule will be arranged between ICCC and the client and can be booked up to 3 months in advance. ICCC will recommend the frequency of coaching sessions based on a professional assessment of the client’s requirements. This recommendation, or plan, is not binding and may be altered and adjusted throughout the coaching journey by mutual agreement, in accordance with the terms set out in this agreement. Sessions can only be rearranged in accordance with the section in these terms and conditions headed “Rearranging Sessions”.
- The number of coaching session will be agreed at the start of coaching between ICCC and the client and confirmed by ICCC by email or written correspondence. Where no specific number is agreed, sessions will be provided on a session by session basis. Full payment is due before or at the first session unless otherwise agreed and specified with the client. Additional sessions can be booked thereafter.
- The length of each session is usually 1,5 hour but will vary based on the service offered by ICCC to the client.
- Coaching will take place between the client and their coach face-to-face (venue by mutual agreement), via Skype, Google hangout or by telephone (client calls coach).
- ICCC may assign the client tasks or exercises to complete between coaching sessions. Not completing these tasks may slow the client’s progress in gaining improved quality of life or achieving desired business or personal outcomes. Where possible, clients are requested to submit any information requested by ICCC relating to assignments at least 24 hours before the coaching session when they are to be discussed. ICCC will provide feedback on completed assignments during coaching sessions.
- The client may contact ICCC by phone or email between sessions to share a success or seek clarification on a coaching issue. Support between sessions is seen by ICCC as a necessary part of the coaching process. ICCC will always advise a client in advance if the nature of a client’s contact is likely to incur an additional charge, and no such charges will be imposed without the client’s agreement.
- Fees can be paid by BACS, Western Union and online using the Paypal payments systems or money transfer online platforms. Where receipts are requested by the client, they will be sent by e-mail unless otherwise requested
- Fees are payable in advance of each coaching session unless otherwise agreed. Where payment has not been received by ICCC in advance of a coaching session ICCC is not obliged to provide the session.
Money back guarantee
Any client who is dissatisfied with any life coaching session can ask for a full refund for that particular session and this will be given, provided that the request for a refund has been made within five days of the coaching session. In such cases, the client is required to put this in writing outlining their reasons for the dissatisfaction. If a client obtains a refund for a coaching session in accordance with this clause, then the client and ICCC each have the option to terminate this contract immediately, confirming such termination by email or letter. If either party does terminate this contract in such circumstances then ICCC will have no obligation to provide any further coaching sessions to the client and the client will, in turn, will be entitled to a refund for any future coaching sessions for which they have already paid which are no longer to be provided.
Cancellation & Rearranging Sessions
- If the client needs to rearrange a coaching session, they should provide at least 24 hours’ notice. No refunds will be given to clients for unused coaching sessions unless 24 hours’ notice has been given. In exceptional circumstances ICCC may need to rearrange a coaching session; in these circumstances, ICCC will use reasonable endeavours to provide a mutually satisfactory alternative appointment with the client.
- In exceptional circumstances, such as illness or unavailability due to bereavement or other commitments, inappropriate behaviour by the client, actual or potential conflict of interest, or other reasons, ICCC can decide to terminate the service to the client early or refuse or be unable to provide further coaching sessions to the client. In such a circumstance the client will be given reasonable notice of termination by ICCC where practicable, and will be refunded any advance payments made for coaching sessions not yet provided.
- There may be occasions when ICCC may recommend to the client that they seek an alternative service more suited to their current needs. In this event ICCC will fully discuss the reasons for the recommendation with the client. It is the client’s sole responsibility to decide whether to follow the recommendation and ICCC does not accept any liability for the outcome of any decisions the client choses to make.
Whilst every care is taken in the preparation of life/corporate coaching services, Waves of Change does not warrant that the information provided is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or the results obtained from the use of such information. Users are encouraged to confirm any such information or advice received with other qualified sources, and if necessary obtain medical or psychiatric advice from suitably qualified professional personnel. The life /corporate coaching information and services provided and purchased from this web site is designed to help you to achieve your future goals and ambitions, it does not provide counselling or therapy. If for any reason you believe that you may be suffering from any psychological or medical condition you are strongly advised to consult a qualified physician.
This website, and any files or documents that you download from it, is not guaranteed to be free from any so-called computer viruses or malicious codes, and it is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before down-loading it to your computer equipment.
This contract is governed by the law of England whose courts have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute, disagreement, proceedings or legal claim of any nature relating to the service provided or the contract.
This contract is governed by English Law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.